December 4, 2007
I made some good progress on the forward wing spar tonight. I cleaned up the lamination with an electric planer and reset it in the jig. When I drew the spar dimensions on the board, I marked the center of the uprights but forgot to mark the bounds. I use the bounds to place the uprights so I had to take the plastic wrap off, draw in those measurements and then put plastic wrap back on. I only put the plastic where there would be glue this time to make it easier. I still have to add some blocking and then wait for day warm enough to glue. It was hot today, but the spar obviously wasn't ready...sigh.
Wing Parts Menu