December 2, 2007

I've been waiting forever to get a warm enough day to glue. I've been at work on all the recent warm-ish days but I finally got a break. There was some good sun today so I picked the right time and glued the lower boom of the forward wing spar. I used the same method that I did for the main stabilizer spar. I used little wood sticks all the same height, protected by plastic wrap, to raise the lamination off the surface to give the glue somewhere to go. The L brackets are tall enough to still hold the shape. I try to clean off as much of the glue that squeezes out of the lamination as I can while it's still wet. At least flatten it.

  |   Wing Parts Menu   |   Home