January 17, 2008

Tonight, I tackled the alodine process on all the rest of the tail hinges I'm making. After I polished all of the edges, I used scotchbrite pads to strip the alclad layer off the sheet pieces, since alodine doesn't stick to the alclad layer. Here are all of the hinge parts all ready for the surface treatment.

Again, I used acetone to clean off the surface of the hinges. This time, I used big ziplock bags to hold the acid bath and then the alodine bath so I could do all the hinges at once. Here's my little surface prep station and some of the hinges after the alodine, hung up to dry.

  |   Tail Parts Menu   |   Home