May 7, 2006
I cleanup up the lamination mess from yesterday and then aligned the frame with the spar jig laid out on the table. I cut my laminating jig to allow the spar booms to pass by and added some electric tape there so it wouldn't get glued to the spar. Then I screwed the whole thing right on top of the printout to match. I clamped the laminated frame to the laminating jig to match the printout and then trimmed the spar opening to the correct width and angle to match. I'll probably glue this spar in two sessions to make the frame rigid first, and then trace the curves on the other blocking wood where it is supposed to be glued right up against the frame. If that doesn't make any sense, it will become clearer as I go along.
Tail Parts Menu