February 25, 2006

On to the second set of these tail ribs. It's nice not to have to lay down the shapes again. At least I can make two ribs with one jig...at least. It does take a while to get all the cross pieces just right with this method and it is a real pain to do them again when you take off a little too much wood. Last weekend I actually did most of these ribs, but I finished them up and got everything ready to glue today. I glued the strips down at the same time as the rest of the ribs. I also took the opportunity to glue the plywood gussets onto frame #9.

Once that dried, I glued the plywood backing to all the recent ribs I've been working on using the sandwich-weight method using two flat pieces of plywood.

  |   Tail Parts Menu   |   Home