January 24, 2006

I started working on the next set of ribs today, using the CAD printouts as a pattern again. Last time I made the leading edge inside molds from thin spruce and I had difficulty not splitting the wood as I affixed them in place. This time I figured I'd use maple for more strength and drill small pilot holes in order to take the splitting pressure out of the screwing-in process. I'm guessing it was more likely the pilot holes that made them not split but maple can't hurt. This is one of the papers I traced the leading edge onto and then glued it to the maple.

  |   Tail Parts Menu   |   Home