February 19, 2006

Today, I cut some plywood covers for some ribs and fuselage frame #5. The rib covers were pretty easy to cut out but the frame #5 cover was pretty awkward to cut, due to the size of my backyard workshop. I just left some spots to trim off after the sheet is glued to the frame.

The joints of frame #5 needed a little smoothing out as well. Lumps of glue and small bulges of wood made it a little uneven. The plywood really needs to be flat along the entire frame to provide really good binding force. I started out with a file, then switched to a piece of sandpaper attached to a long board to get a good even surface.

  |   Fuselage Parts Menu   |   Home