December 10, 2005

I got started early today, going to work on cutting out all the various blocking pieces. Some of the pieces took more time than others. The long curved slits that glue in near the bottom of the frame took some time to get right. As I worked, it looked more and more like I could finish off the rest of the frame without needing to glue any more structure down first. I just kept going with the music blasting and 6 hours after I started, I had all of the remaining pieces measured, fitted, and ready for gluing. If only I could spend 6 hours everyday on this! Here's a couple pictures from today, the spruce carnage while bandsawing and sanding, followed by all the pieces that I made today near their final positions.

  |   Fuselage Parts Menu   |   Home