July 23, 2005

Got to it early today. First thing I did was clean up the frame #6 laminations. They look mighty fine.

I also glued the bracing structure to frame #3 today. These parts were much easier to make with the new sander.

The larger blocks below the horizontal brace I contoured by starting out with the curve formula plotted out on it, followed by precision sanding to get it to fit right with the laminated frame. The gussets were still a pain in the ass. It's hard to contour something so small, but I got it down to where I felt was decent as far as the correct shape since it's not incredibly vital with these. In the process of making the gussets, my new sander introduced itself to my blood stream when one of the small gussets got loose from my fingertips and bounced off the spinning disc and flew away putting a nice slit in my index finger. No big deal, it surprised me though.

This next week I'll be making the trek out to Oshkosh, WI for AirVenture. It's my first actual vacation time I've taken in forever so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to meeting other Falco builders and owners along with the other thousands of things to do there. Should be fun. I obviously won't be doing much building though, so any hypothetical readers out there can ignore this site for a couple weeks. See you in August!

  |   Fuselage Parts Menu   |   Home