July 26, 2008
I made a mock-up of the balance weight arm out of plywood in order to find how much I needed to shave off of the real arm. I used the bolt holes to fix the position of the mock-up to both the balance weight arms and the control arm. Here's the mock-up when I was happy with the fit. The hinges are just temporarily attached for now.
I lined it up with the arms and marked the shave line. I don't have a buffing wheel, so I'll have to trim it down tomorrow.
Moving on now to some assembly. I lined up the elevator leading edge ribs and trial fit everything with the capstrips. I'll glue this tomorrow so I can move on next time I'm home.
Empennage Assembly Menu