March 11, 2008
Got down more parts tonight. It's been a while since I made these parts so it's like a blast from the past but it is nice seeing them all together and getting them ready for assembly. I did the elevator spar prep steps and started in on the ribs. I guess I should cut them apart at the spar openings soon. I think I'll finish all the prep steps and them split them up. The elevator decided to get twisted a bit while hanging up there on the wall. I'll be sure to clamp it flat while I do the hinge alignment and assembly. In the picture, the elevator spar is lying on top of the stabilizer spar with the trim tab holes lined up.
Empennage Assembly Menu